Our Aim & Mission
Our approach at Oldmachar Dental Care is not to pressure patients to rush to remove their mercury fillings at once. However, we decided to be a Mercury Free dental practice. We believe that it is in the best interests of our patients’ to use only materials that are healthy for the body. This means materials that are well accepted by the body and won’t cause any heavy side effects in the future.
We use ceramics and white fillings for our restorations. Our practice is dedicated to a holistic approach to dentistry. By getting to know you and your needs, we can create an individual treatment plan for your dental health and aesthetics.
We will look at your general state of health and consider how it is affected by your dental status.
We also consider nutrition and lifestyle and will suggest ways to improve which go beyond traditional dentistry. We believe in quality over quantity, taking our time and getting it right. We aim to build a relationship of mutual trust with our patients and emphasize courteous and caring treatment.
Our Amalgam Removal Procedure and Safety Protcols
- Local anaesthetic is placed or alternative pain relief where requested.
- The rubber dam is placed, supported with a special clasp around the tooth. The patient is able to breathe through the nose and swallow beneath the rubber dam. To communicate, patient should raise their left hand and we will provide pen and piece of paper to write any questions or special requests throughout.
- Amalgam filling is carefully removed with a special bur that reduces mercury vapour and the nurse aspirates (provides suction) throughout. The tooth is cleaned and then a new white composite filling is placed.
- Rubber dam is removed.
- Before and after photo is presented to the patient.
- During procedure only the teeth being worked on are exposed. In order to achieve this we use a rubber dam (a latex free rubber sheet) that is placed over the mouth. If the patient does not feel comfortable with this, we have an alternative method using a special frame that stays in the mouth during the whole procedure, and just protects the lips from exposure.
- We use an external suction device within the room that filters the air and collects all mercury vapour in order to protect patient and operators against inhalation.
- We also use very powerful chair side suction which is operated by our trained nurse. This makes sure that all amalgam particles are removed and the oral cavity is protected.
- We can also provide you with a separate oxygen supply. (An extra charge applies for this)
As awareness grows more and more people starts to use natural and holistic techniques to treat their health as it has more benefits than just a gorgeous smile. By discussing your options with you, one on one, we can ensure we provide you with the procedure that will be most effective for you.
Our aim is to provide our patients with healthy smiles. Book an initial consultation with our dentist to discuss any of the procedures we have available.
- Safe amalgam removal
- Dental hygiene advice/preventative dentistry
- General dentistry
- Emergency appointments
- Orthodontic procedures
- Teeth lightening
- Veneers & crowns
Call Today to register
Taking on new patients
01224 827 095
‘Oldmachar Dental Care is a small but busy holistic dental practice located in Jesmond Drive, Aberdeen. We are a close knit team of three who work to offer a calm and relaxed environment for all of our patients and we take pride in maintaining and building close relationships with those who visit us.
Oldmachar Dental Care
T: 01224 827095